How to use my floral waters?
Small introduction about hydrolats and floral waters
. Hydrolats are the aromatherapy’s soft version (essential oils). Hydrolats can be aslo called floral waters if they are made from flowers, indeed they are obtained at the plant’s distillation into essential oil. So they contain all our precious plants’ active molecules in a less concentrated way. Thus they are more accessible: to pregnant ladies, to children. Pay attention on this essential point of our slow beauty routine
How to use hydrolats?
Hydrolat can be used in different ways according to its properties. Most of the time it is used in four different manners:
- As a toner: hydrolat replaces your toning lotion or your micellar water in a more natural way.
- In the bath: dilute 20 to 100 ml into your bath (according to water volume) and enjoy hydrolats benefits during this relaxing time
- In your home made cosmetic products : in some formulas, hydrolat is the water substitute, so you get all its benefits and fragrance in your preparation
- As a compress : you can apply hydrolat on a compress and leave on for 15 to 30 minutes on the harmed part. Thus when you are feeling tired, apply 2 water rose soaked compresses on your temples to get very quickly dynamic and full of spirit.
- As water rinsing after shampoo: some hydrolats are also known for soothing the scalp or regulate excess sebum. This simple tip provides strength and vitality to your hair.
- As a makeup-remover: it is a myth to believe that hydrolat itself is able to remove makeup and clean the skin. Excepted the ones which properties are concentrated on those benefits, hydrolat itself won’t rid impurities of the day. However, if you add 2 to 3 drops of vegetable oil with hydrolat on a cotton pad , you’ll get a 100% natural , non-aggressive and without any chemical input makeup-remover. This is the charm of the slow-cosmetic.
- As a face mist spray: last manner to use hydrolat, it is a perfect refreshing face spray during your long days. Can you imagine a rose water or lavender facial spray during a long summer day? What a pleasure!
How to conserve my hydrolat?
You can keep fresh and quality hydrolats during one year. We recommend to conserve it away from the light and the heat. Some of them have to be kept in the refrigerator, like the cornflower water which will emphasize your look.